The Weekly listings can now be found on the homepage at groupsexinthecity.com

Thursday, October 6, 2011

MILK CHOCOLATE: "OPEN LETTER to Adventures in Group Sex Blog"

My bad. So -- my reader who wrote me that the Gramercy Duplex was closed -- was wrong. I'm getting shit for posting the email, and for causing dudes to panic. One of the Gramercy hosts is telling me that I was irresponsible and have a vendetta against the Duplex. Not true!! I posted the note from my blog reader because if it were true, I wanted you guys to know. I thought it was better to err on the side of caution. To me, it rang true, and after waiting a few days it was odd to me that no one I knew was receiving any emails from MILK CHOCOLATE or TESTOSTERONE, like they usually do. Anyway, guys, here's the open letter I got from (not the guy who runs the Duplex) but the host of the MILK CHOCOLATE party -- and, man, is he ever PISSED...

"OPEN LETTER to Adventures in Group Sex Blog:

Evan

Your blog posting implying that the Grammercy Duplex was raided and is now closed is incorrect and needs to be removed immediately!

I hosted my BlackOut Party on Oct 1st, from 4:30pm until 10pm, at the Midtown loft, NOT at the Grammercy Duplex space as your blog falsely states. The party was an early afternoon event, NOT an after hours party as your blog falsely states. And as the 34 men that were actually at the party can verify, the party and the space were not raided! The Gramercy Duplex does not have an operating intercom so there is no way anyone could have made an announcement that a party was cancelled that was never hosted there in the first place. The Grammercy Duplex is located near a large concert theater and a major university in the city so there are ALWAYS police cars posted near the corner. But did your "friend" see any of the police inter the locked lobby doors?

THE TRUTH
The truth is that the Grammercy Duplex has never been raided and is not closed. In fact the space hosted its regular Executive Lunch Party yesterday, has one scheduled for today, and my weekly HOT Milk Party WILL occur tonight as scheduled.

To make matters worse you add your own fuel to the fire by posting your opinion that "So guys, is this finally the demise of the Gramercy Duplex? I don't know what's going on there, but I do know that I haven't received any emails from any of the parties there all week - not a good sign" But why should promoters send emails to you about parties being held at the Grammercy Duplex if you are only going to repeatedly trash them on your blog? In your latest review of MilkChocolate you wrote "Hey guys--I don't get to the MIlkChocolate parties, partly because the thought of attending a party in the Gramercy Duplex turns me off." Why does it turn you off? Is it jealously or is it because you don't have the build to get into any of the parties hosted there? The space is a plush, clean, safe venue that everyone on my list has nothing but compliments about. In another attempt to nail the coffin shut on the Grammercy Duplex you posted "My guess is that Grammercy may have been closed down for being a club without a proper license or zoning or something - BUT EVEN THAT is speculation." The space hosts private parties for mature adults and does not operate as a club, nor does it have any problems with zoning or anything else. Also, you have the contact information for the owner of the Grammercy Duplex, so why didn't you utilize some common sense and due diligence to verify the correct information before posting a "lie" on your blog? It doesn't make sense and seems very suspicious.

You and the owner of the Grammercy Duplex have had some sort of grudge match going on for the past several years. The the fact that you removed every party scheduled at the space from your blog just before the Columbus Weekend, solely based on gossip from some unnamed "friend" of yours, only hurts the very promoters that your blog relies on for content. Up to this point I have dismissed your negative reviews as part of the collateral damage of hosting a party at the Gramercy Duplex as another example of two Gay men being bitchy to each other, but you have crossed the line by eluding that the space was raided and closed as a result of a party I hosted!

Because of the drama you have created I have received 347 emails from anxious members from around the world that are concerned about this weekend's parties being held; calls from the owner of both the Midtown and Grammercy Duplex and more text than I can answer. So I hope you're happy. Your latest stunt worked by creating doubt in the minds of many but it also exposes you as a very small minded individual. Your statement of "SORRY if I caused any of you to panic - GO OUT AND HAVE FUN" is the perhaps the crazies statement on your blog because it is YOU THAT HAS CAUSED THE PANIC. How can guys go out and have fun at any sex party if they think that the police have the power to randomly raid any party held at a private residence, or at any party in the city? The unneeded "panic" drama, anxiety and insecurity you created by falsely posting that the Gramercy Duplex was raided is not only a disservice to NYCs Gay community but has damaged the reputation of your blog as being a trustworthy source for honest, unbiased information.

Here's some advice. Why don't you try using your blog as a positive force in the Gay community instead of trying to tear others down? Instead of relying on unnamed "friends" to send bogus reviews about parties to you, why not actually show up yourself to post unbiased reviews? Or are you a real person or just some entity someone created? You are becoming the equivalent of the Glenn Beck of Fox News by repeatedly using your blog to sabotage every party held at the Gramercy Duplex. Through the use of one negative review after another you have attempted to persuade promoters not to use the space and readers of your blog not to attend parties hosted at the space. (You even criticized James' Hot Jocks Twink Party at the Gramercy Loft and everyone knows he has one hot party).

I am fortunate that I have a loyal base that do not follow your blog and are mature enough to decide for themselves if my parties are worth attending. A party of 20 fun guys is just as rewarding as a party packed with 100 men. But you should remember that what goes around, comes around. If you live your life only to put others down, the same will come back to you two-fold. As an event planner I have seen many clubs, parties, websites and blogs come and go over the years but by treating others well and puting out positive vibes, I have amassed a solid group of good friends that will have lasted, and will last, long after the limelight of your "blog of the moment" is over. Your blog relies on content from promoters to make it worth reading. Should you continue to favor your pet promoters at the expense at everyone else, and to sabotage a valuable space that many promoters rely on to host their parties, you will see an end to the need for your blog...very soon. Unlike you, I do not hide behind an online persona but show in-person at every event that I host to greet my guests. And just like every other promoter in NYC I work hard host fun events at clean and safe venues in the city.

REMOVE MY PARTY FROM YOUR BLOG!
This is the 22nd time I have had to waste time doing damage control to correct erroneous info that you have posted on your blog about my parties. Moving forward you can do me, and everyone on my list a favor, and STOP posting any information about my events on your blog! If I receive any email from anyone asking for a party invite based on the negative review on your blog I will inform them that I treat all referrals from your blog as a suspicious email and inform them to ask for an invite via our adam4adam.com or manhunt.net party profile.

MAN UP TO YOUR MISTAKE!
Hopefully you will do the right thing and take responsibility for the mistake of posting incorrect information based on lies; post a complete retraction; and an apology to all the men that you have affected. While you're at it why don't you explain in your blog what the Gramercy Duplex has done to you and why you are being such a d*ck toward it. That is what a man that is about his word would do.

Cade,
MilkChocolateNYC."

I won't bother addressing all his comments, so I guess my response is LMFAO. My big surprise was that so many guys who go to their parties read my blog. 347 emails? Wow, I had no idea I had so many readers!

But in truth Cade, if you guys felt there is nothing to worry about, why do you always ask new guys to show you their cocks. And when they ask why -- and I've heard this from the Granmercy hosts dozens of times -- "it's in case you're a cop." I guess your reason was that cops wouldn't show you their dicks. Really? That's your security policy at the Gramercy Duplex? It always flipped me out and made me worry, which is why it wasn't a surprise when my blog reader sent me the email that ten dudes were outside talking to some guy asking questions about the party. I prefer to be cautious. And I have no vendetta against the Duplex. (I just hate being lied to, and that seems to be the case more often than not with the way the Gramercy in run, in my opinion).

Mea culpa, man. So I admitted I was wrong -- will you admit your party sucks?

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious as to who your source is. Because I've been getting all the emails for the Milk Chocolate Party.

    Due to my busy schedule I haven't been to the Milk Chocolate party for awhile. However, I did lead you to the section of my blog telling of my adventures at the Milk Chocolate party. And those adventures are NOT A RARITY when I attend. It would have been much better to use a source willing to give their name, or better yet see for yourself than to rely on others. Because you have less of an idea as to what your source's motives, as well as less of a chance at having an honest source when they decide to be anonymous.

    ReplyDelete