The Weekly listings can now be found on the homepage at groupsexinthecity.com

Saturday, March 26, 2011

DICKPLAY PARTY now open door?

Okay, okay, okay, I've been bitching about how shitty so many of the parties have become lately. But too much?? No. What's going on guys?? A bunch of these hosts are NOT controlling their parties and their guests lists. Fuck it hosts -- if you're going to charge a fee or a "donation" to get into your parties, then you damn well need to make sure that I'm getting something for my money -- especially when you promote your party a certain way. If you're party is an "open door" party -- cool by me. I personally won't be going, but at least you're fucking honest. And if you're hosting a party and some troll who lied about his pics tries to get in - -send the fucker packing. It's that simple. If you keep letting any loser with cash into your parties, well, men, then no one except these trolls will show up, or if any normal & decent guys show up, they will leave ASAP -- just like so many guys have reported at the Gramercy Duplex mess. Isn't it clear why the parties with hot guys have to interview now, and even have a serious bouncer? So, guys don't bitch when you are asked to interview -- THAT'S HOW THE RESPONSIBLE HOSTS keep out all the guys who are not desirable to anyone.

Now, I have never been to Ed & Steve's DICKPLAY PARTY. Even though I know a lot of dudes never miss it, it never seemed selective for me. Still, at very horny moments I've almost gone because the hosts seemed cool, and at least, if not super selective, they were very clear in what they wanted in a party: average to hot guys with no attitude looking for a hot time. Cool by me. I am disappointed to post this review from a DICKPLAY regular who is clearly very pissed at last night's party. Here he is in his own words...

"I'm sorry to say that a party that I have loved for years, Ed and Steve's uptown "Dickplay" party, has to be added to the list of parties that have absolutely NO door policy: it is open door, no matter what your appearance or smell. Recently, I attended a party to which a man somewhere between the ages of 75 and 90 was admitted. My nose can attest to the fact that he had not had a bath in recent history, and my eyes to the fact that his long, nicotine-stained beard had not had a trim since the first George Bush was President.

The host informed me that he was admitted because he was "a co-sponsor of the GSA parties." For me, that is simply not enough of a credential. This guy went around pestering every hot activity in the party, preceded by his pungent smell.

I have to add that I am not an ageist: well-groomed guys of a certain age are just fine by me. But this guy should retire from sex parties altogether, or at the very least take one bath for every decade that he is older than the other oldest party goer. That he has not is evidence of his disregard for others. "Dickplay" is, alas, now one of the Open Door, No Standards parties."

Another reader sent me this email today to add to the DICKPLAY story...

"Hey, thanks for your Adventures in Group Sex blog. I appreciate the listings. I wanted to give some feedback about Ed & Steve's party in Inwood. I went Friday night and whereas much of the party info was accurate, about 75-80% of the fucking was bareback. Yes, the hosts provide condoms, but the guests primarily bareback. Had I known this I would never have gone, as I have used barebacking information you provided about other parties in my decision not to attend. I think it would be helpful if you included this so people can make informed choices. It sucks to be one of three guys using condoms when everyone else is trying to fuck you bareback. Thanks."

and this..

"Was interested to see that you classified the Ed and Steve party as somewhat selective and not open door. But I really think it is, in fairness, a totally open door party. I've never seen or heard of anyone being turned away, no matter what. And the number of really gross guys there is pretty high, including a lot of old guys who don't take no for an answer. I'm done with Ed and Steve forever, but would like to spare others the shock of traveling far uptown only to leave after five minutes because there were so many gross, out of shape guys with poor hygiene there."

Not good!! At least the hosts should be clear. Hopefully Ed and Steve will get back to what made their party so popular. If you want to give them a chance, here's the info...

DICKPLAY PARTY (Inwood/Upper Manhattan) Held in a private apartment by an interracial gay couple -- this party meets about twice a month is a laid-back mixed crowd of mostly older in-shape guys. It's promoted as an interracial erotic play party. Most guys are naked, but not required. Starts at 5pm and runs until 12am (officially there is no door closing time). The hosts think of the group as being a hand selected group of guys who are into interracial sex and don't have attitudes. It's a mix of guys, white, black, Latin, occasionally Asian, not too young, not too old. Average age is 35 - 45. They get about 40+ guys. The hosts says They provide condoms and lube; Smoking is allowed in designated areas; it's a BYOB party. The atmosphere is distinctly no attitude. Email: EdAndSteve@verizon.net; or check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EdAndSteve.

No comments:

Post a Comment